This blog has moved

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Art in progress

I've had these three canvases in my studio for awhile. I bought them with the intention of creating something to hang in our living room, for the big empty wall behind our tv. After thinking and pondering for awhile, I finally decided to just bite the bullet and get started. Can I just say, three blank 12x24 canvases can be very daunting indeed?

*Click the pic for a closer look*

Nowhere near done, and I'm not all that happy with it, but it's progress. I'm not loving the colours I chose - thinking about adding some green- and I definitely need to add texture. At the moment I'm not loving it, but I'm a big believer that you have to go through the ugly stage, to get to that layered, texture covered happy place that is a finished piece.

I'm excited to see how it all comes together, and I'll share a pic when it's done. If you've been flinging paint around lately, I'd love to see!

Happy arting,

Lita xo

1 comment:

Jaimie/StrawberryRedHead said...

Oh! I really love this so far! The colors are divine! Can't wait to see the next step...