This blog has moved

Friday, April 8, 2011

Hookin’

Some of you may remember my post from about learning to crochet, from way back in June last year. Once I got the basics down, I was flying! I bought a bunch of wool, started collecting the cutest hooks, and even got my sister to give it a go! And I was on a mission to have a big comfy floppy blanket to keep me warm this winter.

Well. You know what they say about the best laid plans lol Summer kicked in and life happened and I came to a standstill. At this stage, my big comfy blanket is still in the bunny rug stage! But a couple of weeks ago I decided to pick it up again and keep going. Only to discover that all of my lovely hooks were broken. During a cleanup a bag full of books got dumped on top of my crochet bag and snapped them all. So the plan to get hookin’ went right out the window. And of course I simply calmly put away the bag and continued with my day. I definitely didn’t have a sooky lala moment, and of course didn’t whine all over twitter about it. Totally not my style ;) *snort*

Anyhoo, last night while demolishing my room looking for a particular pen (we’ll discuss that obsession some other time…) I came across an intact hook! Woot! I managed about half a round before I fell asleep, and am hoping to make more progress on it tonight. I’m basically just doing an over sized granny square, very loose so it’s nice and floppy. It’s currently about a metre square in size…anyone wanna take bets on how long til I finish the blasted thing?

100_1925
Once the grocery shopping is done, dinner is cooked, kids are fed and sent to bed etc etc, I daresay I’ll need some time to just relax, so I’m going to get to work on it. I think I’ll make it my weekend project.

What about you? Do you have any ongoing projects that you just keep slogging away at, happily or otherwise?

Happy crafting!

Lita xo

PS – I totally want this pin from Gigglebot on Etsy lol

No comments: