This blog has moved

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Inspiration Wednesday – Embracing Imperfection

So, by now you should all know about my obsession with Donna Downey’s style, and in particular, her Inspiration Journals, and her regular Wednesday posts in which she shares her creations. Well, now that i have my own journal (thanks Jaimie!) I have decided to start my own Inspiration Wednesdays! Not with pretty videos and such like Donna, but I do want to share photos at least!

The Inspiration Journal is more about the process than the finished product. It’s about sitting down at your desk with no real plan and just going for it. Experimenting, going with the flow, and just having fun. As you’ll see, my pages didn’t go to plan – my image transfer didn’t completely work, and the paint dripping dried before I could spray it (I got distracted by children and chocolate – not a good combo) and there are many more ‘quirks’ that I refuse to gesso over. I’m just going with it! I thought my inner OCD would twitch at the concept but I am actually find it so freeing and relaxing and just FUN! Totally making me happy, and isn’t that what art should be about?

Anyway, enough babble! Here they are – pics of the first inclusion, and first page :) Please excuse the shoddy pics! it’s horribly overcast at the moment, but I live in Melbourne – waiting for better light just isn’t an option lol Oh and, FYI, the little blank tags are for adding the date of creation, I’m just waiting on a date stamp :)

Inclusion1Inclusion2 Page1 Page1a
Now, I’m not going to list my methods here, or the materials used because, my word, it would take forever! BUT, if you have any questions PLEASE don’t hesitate to ask them in the comment section below, and I will reply via comment also – I love hearing from you! Also, if you have an art/inspiration journal, feel free to link us up in a comment – I’d love to check it out!

Happy crafting!

Lita xo

3 comments:

Claire said...

oh i love this, i really want to sit and do something like this, i just keep finding other stuff to do instead :( i just need a boot up the bum! x

Cate Bolt said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE these. I love the style, I love the message. Awesome.

cebelica said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. Well done!