This blog has moved

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Art on the go

Yesterday I shared a little look at my travel art kit, and have had quite a few questions about it since, so I thought I’d take the time to share it properly.

At the moment, I’m working on a number of projects, but am carrying only one with me, which is just a little daily journal, full of the minutiae of everyday life. So my art kit is currently geared towards that project, but can be tweaked to suit whatever I’m working on.

Supplies1

Here I have:
Watercolour crayons
Baby wipes – to blend the crayons, and for clean ups
Paint dabbers – I carry either some of these or the crayons, not both at once
Paper supplies (details in seperate pic)
Journal
Make-up bag of pens etc (more detail in next pic)
Package of nappy bags – great little trash bags for art on the go!

Supplies2

This photo shows the contents of the make-up bag which, incidentally, I had made to order by Something From Rebecca.
Cutterbee Scissors
Glue stick
Stencil
Charcoal pencil
Faber Castell big brush pen (india ink)
Pilot Permaball pen
Pilot Choose white pen
Sakura Gelly pen
Bic 4 colour pen – coz I like the funky colours lol
Eraser
Lead pencil
Mini stapler
Deco tapes
Paper clips
Mini mister
I also usually have my aquash pen, but have no clue where it is at the moment. Probably rattling around my handbag somewhere!

Supplies3

And this pic gives a little look at the contents of my plastic envelopes. I just have a random selection of paper scraps, stickers and ephemera pieces. My journal is an eclectic mix of goodies – I think the style suits the randomness of every day life lol

So there you have it, my art on the go kit! I take this everywhere and use it in all manner of places – in the car while waiting to pick Haylee up from school, whilst having lunch out, at the local library, or the park, if I just feel like getting out and about. Heck, I even used it at Micky D’s recently while the kids had fun on the playground!

I’ll be back tomorrow to give you a peek inside the journal. It’s a sweet little handmade journal from Cave In The Clouds, made with a fabric cover and ‘found’ papers. I love it! So be sure to pop back tomorrow to take a looksee inside!

Happy crafting!

Lita xo

No comments: