This blog has moved

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Messy Monday – Timspiration

Life here has been crazy the last few days! We all have horrid colds, Cam started a new job, the inlaws have been visiting for the last week and we also had Haylee’s birthday yesterday. I need a holiday just to recover from everything lol But it’s been a good few days too I guess. Cam is loving his job, Haylee had a wonderful day yesterday, and it’s been great to see the inlaws…or outlaws as I prefer to call them.

Anyhoo, because of the crazies I totally forgot to blog a bunch of fun stuff that I want to share with you all. So I’m now sitting on the couch, tapping away on my NEW laptop to share some craftyness with you. Think I’ll even get all organised and schedule some posts for the coming days lol

Let’s pretend it’s Monday….I have another Messy Book page to share with you today, this time featuring the amazing Tim Holtz. If you haven’t seen his work yet, you really need to. He is amazing! When I decided to create an album of my favourite things, I knew I’d have to include the awesome that is Tim Holtz. I absolutely love his products and style of art and as a result he has been a huge influence in my ‘creative life’

MB-Tim1

MB-Tim2 MB-Tim2aMB-Tim3
Again, I’ve used a bunch of upcycled goodies – cardboard box, jeans, shopping bag, book text, measuring tape, and lots more. I’ve used many Tim Techniques/goodies here too, such as masking, blending, grungeboard and stamping. I’ve even used his awesome distress stickles.

If you haven’t checked out Tim Holtz yet, what are you waiting for? And if you’re looking for a great supply of Tim products, be sure to check out Simon Says Stamp – they have pretty much everything Tim lol

Happy crafting!

Lita xo

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol!!! I looked at your page briefly, without reading it, and thought, "Egads! Cam looks just like Tim Holtz! Yummy!" lol Now I'm rofl! I thought I had seen photos of Cam before and hadn't notice the resemblance before! :) And yes, Tim is awesome! And so are your pages!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful page and gorgeous tag - love your colors.

Nancy said...

These are great!! Have you shared your tag with Tim? He'd love to see it, I'm sure!
Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Candy C said...

Very cool messy book pages! They are wonderfully done in the Tim Holtz style! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Nancy Wethington said...

Oh how I love this layering - beautifully done! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.