This blog has moved

Monday, April 4, 2011

Messy Monday – My Man

Yes, I’m back to my Messy Monday posts! And this week I have a TON of pics to share from a double page spread I did about my fella, Cam. You’ll notice blank spaces – that’s for journalling that I’m putting off because i hate my handwriting lol
I’m particularly happy with these pages, because I have used quite a lot of upcycled items. I’ll make a note under each pic with details on what was upcycled :)

MB-FTCam1 MB-FTCam2The base of the page here is made from a cardboard box we had here at home. I just tore it up, distressed it with some ink, and then added a handle from a paper shopping bag I had in my stash.  Also upcycled are the buckle, denim strip playing card and bottle cap. I filled the bottle cap with glossy accents, then pressed in a bunch of broken watch pieces.

MB-FTCam3 This uses a dog tag from an old key ring, that I crackle painted, the twine is from a parcel I received, and the little film strip is actually from the outer packaging from a Tim Holtz product – waste not, want not, right? ;)

MB-FTCam4  The pocket is one I saved from an old pair of Emily’s jeans. I have had it in my stash for over 3 yrs now…knew I’d use it eventually lol

MB-FTCam5

And the tag below will actually sit between the two pages. Upcycled items here include the denim, the watch parts, and twine from a parcel I arrived.

MB-FTCam6 MB-FTCam6b

So there you have it, another Messy Monday. Are you working on an album like this, or have you created one in the past? I’d love to see it so link us up!

Be sure to come back Wednesday for another peek at my inspiration journal, and drop in tomorrow for a cool tute I stumbled across recently!

Happy crafting!

Lita xo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, this is looking AMAZING Lita!

Chloé said...

Terrific indeed, love all the details!

Darcy@SomewhatMuddledMusings. said...

That *almost* makes me miss paper crafting (and that's saying a lot!) Those are amazing, Lita!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. LOVE it.